Join our Speakers Bureau
Community, elementary and high school, colleges, medical, hospital, and business/corporate groups will, at times, request a speaker from the BCMA. We
maintain a list of speakers and suggested titles, based upon previous requests and lectures presented.
If you are interested in joining our Speaker's Bureau, please complete the on-line form found below or complete and fax us the attached "Speakers Bureau Registration Form". Indicate your specialty, your preferred presentation group/style, geographical restrictions, if any, and at least 3 suggested titles, selecting one of the suggested topics or your own personal topics.
If you know of a group that would like to request a BCMA speaker, you may forward them the attached "Volunteer Request for Speaker Form."
Listed below are some suggested titles that have been compiled based upon requests or physician-provided topics:
- An update on heart disease- prevention and treatment
- How can I tell that I am having a heart attack or a stroke?
- Living with congested heart failure
- Obesity in adults: How to prevent and treat
- Obesity in children: How to prevent and treat
- Asthma in the elderly
- Asthma in the young child
- Improving quality of life for patients with emphysema
- Chronic cough- what could it be?
- Healthy living for patients with diabetes
- Vaccininations for adults- what do I need?
- Glaucoma and cataracts: how to diagnose and when to treat
- Which vitamins, e.g. Vit D and Vit E, and which herbs, e.g. echinacea and garlic, should I take?
- Food allergies: increasing incidence and severity
- Prostate cancer: To treat or not to treat
- New methods of diagnosing and treating breast cancer
- Ostoeporosis: Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Erectile Dysfunction: An update on diagnosis and treatment
- The autistic spectrum: causes, diagnosis, and treatment
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Caring for our aging parents
- Coping strategies for the elderly
- Coping strategies for the busy professional
- Hives and itch: Please help me
- Depression: A disease of all ages
- Career paths: Should I go into medicine?
- What is it like being a doctor (or a particular specialist)?
- Nose allergies and sinus disease: what's new?
- Osteoarthritis: What is the most effective treatment?
- Lower back pain: Does anything help?
- Allergic emergencies: How to recognize and treat
- What does Health Care Reform mean for the patient?
- What does Health Care Reform mean for the physician?